Monday 4 August 2014

In His Strength, I Can Do All Things


I can't believe that this is the last week that I´ll be emailing you all as a set apart missionary in the Dominican Republic. I´m not really sure what to say that will do justice to everything that has happened or all that I have learned.

This year and a half has been full of experiences, joy that I can't even put into words and times that I was sure I wouldn't be able to move forward. But I came to recognize that the moments I thought would break me never did, my Heavenly Father pushed me to the very very edge to show me my own strength, to help me to grow and if he hadn't taken me to that breaking point I would never have recognized the things I was capable of, it's a funny thing to think about, but looking back from my new perspective I´m really grateful that He loved me enough to do so.

But I also came to the realization that the mission really isn't the end. That it's just a starting point to a lot of things to come. I´ve got a lot of desire and excitement to be able to apply all that I have learned in each an every ward that I join, I´ve gained a new perspective that I know I didn't have before the mission and when I recognize things like that everything is okay.

My mission isn't meant to last forever, but the things that I have learned are meant for just exactly that.

I´ve learned to love a whole new group of people, I´ve found family that speaks a whole different language but that I love just the same, I´ve sweated, I´ve studied and I´ve prayed, and now my Heavenly Father has a new journey to take me on, and just like the mission, I´m going to have to take it on faith, and leave the rest to him.

Love you all and see you soon,
Hermana Coe

For our brethren, the Lamanites were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.

Behold, thousands of them do rejoice, and have been brought into the fold of God.

Behold, the field was ripe and blessed are ye, for ye did thrust in the sickly, and did reap with your might, yea, all the day long did ye labor; and behold the number of your sheaves! And they shall be gathered into the garners, that they are not wasted.

But Ammon said unto him: 
I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; 
but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, 
and I will rejoice in my God.

Yeah, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, 
for in his strength I can do all things; 
yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land,
for which we will praise his name forever. 
Alma 26:3-5, 11-12



No comments:

Post a Comment