Friday 22 March 2013

Glamorous Life :-)

I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God
 who is sending a love letter to the world.
-Mother Teresa


"The Glamorous Life of a Sister Missionary"


Hola Amigos!
This past week has been a great one and I can't believe that I'll be leaving here and getting a new companion in just a few days. Nothing super exciting to write about --
lots of studying,
teaching,
eating,
walks around & around & around & around the temple,
devos, 
and writing & reading letters.
Exciting, right?
 
Last Friday my district got the chance to go out in the field and go on splits with one of the girls serving there. I was with Hermana Cofe (sp?) and she was seriously the best. She's from Oregon, hilarious and Tongan, need I say more? She was so positive, encouraging and watching her focus while we worked was amazing to me. The people here talk SO fast and slur their words together, but honestly it was just really fun to get out there and talk to people. She has only been out in the field for less than two transfers (almost three months) and even though her Spanish wasn't perfect and she didn't understand every thing that was said, she just kept telling me not to worry. She told me not to make the Spanish a problem, just keep working and it will come. The people are so different here, if you just say a passing como esta they will immediately stop and talk to you, instead of doing anything to avoid eye contact and rush to wherever they're headed.
 
People can be messy, grumpy and crazy, 
but they are also interesting, unique, and kind. 
I like people.
 
Besides our time out with the sisters I've just been trying to soak up the rest of my time here. 
There is so much joy in the journey.
 I think in the past, I viewed happiness and fun
 as things that were only found in easy comfortable situations, 
but I'm learning that that is far from true. 

The comfortable easy moments are far and few between here, 
but the moment I reach a goal or accomplish something, that joy is unreal.
 It's hard not to look at the end of my mission or the future, but that's my new goal, to live right now, as corny as that sounds. 
The middle is the most important part, there is a lot more middle.
Embrace it, life is crazy!
 

Also I am in love with Emily and Hna Munive, they dropped by a sweet note, rose and cookies! They were delicious, I swear they are my angels out here, they are so good at looking out for me! Brother Munive just got called to be a mission president in Mexico, so they'll be leaving me in a few months, but I am also sooo stoked for them!!
 
I'll keep you updated, maybe I'll have real news soon!!
 
love,
hna coe
or the new one "hna coe-uote"
(apparently I have a fun name)
 
p.s. I'll be leaving the CCM tuesday (26th) so make sure to send letters to the DR Santo Domingo East Mission on dearelder from here on out.  I'll update my mailing address as soon as I get it figured out (I think there is an address for the mission office in florida until then.) The CCM will also forward anything they get that comes after I leave so no worries if you sent something that hasn't made it yet
 
p.p.s. And my new p-day will be Mondays! I leave here on tuesday so I will miss it next week, but an update will be heading to you in a week and a half!
 


   
Oatmeal -- I'm obsessed!!
The kind they make here is super soupy and tastes like cinnamon sugar. I eat it every morning with bananas . . . who would have thought? 
Remember that one time that it was
 "the only food I didn't like"?
Apparently, that is now taken over by banana lasagna!

No comments:

Post a Comment