Monday 1 July 2013

I've fallen in love :-)

So, it's official!!
I have fallen in love with my mission this week :-)
And honestly, I'm not 100% sure why, because nothing too crazy happened. 

We did survive our first "tormento" (tropical storm). It was absolutely pouring for about 6 hours, and my feet were prunes by the time we got back inside!  Got a call to head in a bit early, but stopped by a member's house on the way back.  She was explaining what a tropical storm was to me, turns out it's a real thing (it's the stage that can escalate into a hurricane if situations are right), not just a storm on a island... how was I supposed to know? Learn something new every day.

Also I have a new best friend in our ward (church congregation). She's 6, and she has decided to sit with me every Sunday so that she can draw me pictures and play games with the paperclips in my planner & the magnet from my name tag!  She is quite the artist - I'll definitely have to attach some pictures of her artwork next week.

Plus, on a day that I was frustrated last week, someone casually handed me a flower as they walked past me, and it was beautiful!  Also kind of funny, because the person never slowed down or said anything or even made eye contact with me if I remember correctly.  Just held out his hand with the flower, walking past us in the opposite direction on the sidewalk.  Super casual flower hand-off that absolutely made my day. My companion could not stop cracking up. Tender mercies come in the most ridiculous ways!







I wish I had more time, but my computer time's basically up. I'll try to pre-write my post next week so I can get more across. But basically the moral of my post this week is that this area, and this mission, have stolen my heart.  It snuck up on me, but sunday night, as I was getting ready for bed and I thought, woah, I love it here, I love this mission and these people. I've created my own little nook and I don't think I even really realized it. 
 It's a funny thing when you realize your heart can love and live
in so many different places and people, 
and yet there is always more to give.

Hope all is well with you wherever you are, and whoever you are! I hope that you've found your own place to belong and love and live, and if not I hope that you can find it.
hna coe



1- inside during our first tropical storm!
We got a call from our district leader saying we should head home, we got a ride but Hna Taylor, and her companions were soaked!


2- Rosa, our awesome neighbor, and us- (minus Hna Erekson)



No comments:

Post a Comment