Monday 5 August 2013

Uh Oh ... she's pulling out the soap box!

Haha, it's true!  I'm sure you've all missed my rants and wisdom (okay, okay, hermana coe, I wouldn't go that far). But I finally have some energy (and time) to write some thoughts, so here goes nothing :)

Sometimes I wake up all stuck in my head thinking about life and our big purpose here. I'm grateful to be able to have some of the answers to my questions through this gospel and studying the Plan of Salvation. Turns out those are the questions of the soul, the things that we yearn to know, the things that make everything else make wayyy more sense.

But I was thinking specifically yesterday about who I think I am. But really like underneath all that shiny exterior stuff, not the me the world sees, but all that underneath stuff. The person we are when no one is watching, the one that no one sees unless you let them. The very heart of you, the driving force behind everything that you do. When you dig deep down and look, do you like what you see? Are you comfortable with the truth of what you find, what you've learned, where you are and how far you've come?

If you can't tell this week has been one of major self-reflection for me. It is the weirdest realization to see that I'm already 1/3 of the way through my mission. I know I've still got a whole year left, but have I really accomplished everything I would have hoped to in these 6 months to really make a difference?

I'm learning that, like with everything else, this is a step-by-step process, it doesn't come over night, and sometimes it takes a good amount of effort to actually make the changes that are necessary, but I've been lucky enough to be raised in a family that taught me that the effort isn't one we make on our own. We have some pretty powerful back up from our Heavenly Father, and everything we go through in this life was designed specifically for us to learn and grow. Which basically means that sometimes it's stinken hard, but not only do we learn as we go, but we also get stronger. What a blessing right? Because anyone with eyes knows we need to be strong to make it through all this crazy going on in the world.


So there's my brain dumped out in an email, haha!  (wow, that sounds way grosser when I re-read it)

but I love you all, and promise that next week's post will be lighter, just wait for the story of the epic lays and my mission cactus/seaweed...


until next week:)
hermana Coe


"You don't have a soul, you are a soul, you have a body"
C.S. Lewis


Saying goodbye to Hna Prestwich - she went home this week!
 smiley
 silly
 haha, that was so funny
wait, ahhh
haha, okay let's gooo

No comments:

Post a Comment